Coronavirus (COVID-19) Response
Update (Monday, March 23, 2020) - Under Delaware's "Stay at Home" order, Mallard is permitted to stay "open". While we are open, we are asking clients and other visitors to refrain from coming into our office in order to reduce foot traffic and maintain social distancing. Please use mail or Sharefile to share any documents with us. If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to call.
We at Mallard Advisors are following procedures recommended by public health authorities in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. As of this writing (Friday, March 13, 2020) the State of Delaware declared a state of emergency and populations most vulnerable (includes those age 60 or older) are encouraged to avoid large events.
- We are conducting all client meetings remotely through Zoom or by telephone. For certain remote meetings, additional meeting tools are available.
- All data can be shared securely via ShareFile including tax documents, e-file forms, and data requested for a review. Therefore, we encourage all clients to use this service rather than stopping into our offices to drop items off.
In the Event of Illness
- Our own team members are required to remain away from the office if they are feeling unwell, showing symptoms, were exposed to an infected person, or are advised by health care providers to do so.
Infection Prevention and Control
- Employees are directed to cover cough/sneeze with a tissue or to do so into elbow (i.e., not hand).
- Employees are aware of the importance of not touching their face.
- Hand sanitizer is available for all team members.
- We will regularly sanitize door handles and other surfaces to reduce the chance of viruses remaining on surfaces.
- We have suspended our habit of shaking hands with anyone (even though we're always happy to see you).
- Due to the nature and layout of our office space, employees experience social distancing in our offices. In this context, this means keeping six feet from one another. Also, minimizing the density of employees in spaces is important. We are doing this by working in staggered shifts and working remotely. With private offices, three part-time employees and only two full-time employees in a large office space, social distancing is naturally implemented.
We welcome your comments on these procedures. For information about Coronavirus (COVID-19), visit the websites of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, or the the Delaware Department of Health.
LET'S GET ACQUAINTED
We offer a complimentary "Get Acquainted" meeting to describe our services, and to see if our services are right for you.